WHAT’s Building…is pride
PARDON OUR MOMENTUM DUST
TU’s momentum is always accelerating, including big changes happening from the ground up. New buildings are opening the door to new possibilities for you.
We’ve got construction down to a science. Towson University recently broke ground on a New Science Complex. This state-of-the-art facility will be located along York Road, south of historic Stephens Hall. When it opens in fall 2020, the New Science Complex will be the largest academic building on TU’s campus.
At the center of campus, we’re making way for another makeover. Beginning in fall 2018, the University Union will be renovated and transformed with an 85,000 square-foot addition. A Brand New U will have expanded event, dining and student group space, a more open and spacious interior, and new main entrances connecting the plazas on the north and south sides of the building.
Building Bigger Building Better
New Science Complex
- 50 teaching and 30 research laboratories
- 50 classrooms and eight lecture halls
- 10 collaborative student spaces
- Outdoor classroom leading into the Glen Arboretum
A Brand New U
- 300-seat auditorium/movie theater
- New food market with seven food venues
- 15,000 square-foot ballroom
- Expanded Career Center
- Double the student activity space